Friday 15 April 2011

Two Days To The Biggest Marathon Of The Year.

I'm feeling a bit more positive today, but I'm still not 100% recovered from my stupid shoulder injury.  You might be wondering how on earth a damaged shoulder can be debilitating to running.  You don't need your upper body to run, do you?  I suspect if I'd heard someone else making a fuss about shoulder pain affecting their running that I would have dismissed them for being a bit of a wimp.  Well yesterday I went for a short run whilst waiting for a client, and on every foot fall it felt as if someone was jabbing me hard with a screwdriver in my right shoulder.  The pain I felt at the time will definitely make running 26.2 miles more of a challenge.  On a positive note, the discomfort in my shoulder might mean I don't notice any pain in my legs.

Whatever happens I will complete London Marathon, I just might have to settle for a slower time than I'd been aiming for.

I'll be off to London shortly and collecting my race number tomorrow.  Let's hope two more sleeps is all I need for my shoulder to get better.  Next time I update my blog will be to write my London Marathon race report.

Did I mention that it is my birthday tomorrow?  I'll be celebrating with a big bowl of pasta and an early night.

1 comment:

  1. BIG WELL DONE ALAN
    I JUST SAW YOU PASSING THE FINISH LINE
    12h50 Here
    I was so quick I did even not manage to take a screen capture from the BBC website
    You arrived, no smile on the camera
    stopped your watched, but looked OK :-)
    (some were fainting, vomiting... another did a front-flip!)
    Congrat !!!

    ReplyDelete