Sunday 17 April 2011

London Marathon - Brief Report

I'm home after what felt like quite a gruelling London Marathon.  It was very warm out there today.  I'm very happy with my time of 3 hours 3 minutes.  My goal had seemed simple at the start.  Complete the marathon in under 3 hours 10 minutes and run a negative split.  The first goal was achieved, but the second wasn't.  I ran the first half too quick in a time of 1 hour 29 minutes.  At the time the pace felt easy, but I paid the price later on.  The last 10 miles were a hard slog.  I'll right more in a few days time and add photos. 

I'm off to Centre Parcs for a few days R&R with my in-laws.  I'm hoping to have Wi-Fi access so I can do a longer report whilst I'm there.  If not, you'll have to tune in next weekend for the full race report.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray!
    PB?
    I wasnt sure you were at 3hours, considering your story about that bad shoulder, I rather thought I got the timing wrong. But no. Amazing :-)

    Btw, a bit like Eddie Wizzard, BBC mentionned another runner targeting 52 marathons in 52 weeks! I bet he has a good support staff...
    Relax now :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabien,
    Thanks for your comments and for your support. It wasn't a PB, my best time was 2:55 at last year's London Marathon. Couldn't repeat that with three marathons already in my legs this year.
    I met the guy doing 52 marathons in 52 weeks at my last marathon. I hope he succeeds. I definitely will never aim for those heights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good you are on the way to wisdom then
    I opted for the ultimate choice:
    1 life, 1 marathon, just as a symbol
    really hard target, any other attempt and you fail, lol
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete