Tuesday 4 October 2011

Loch Ness Marathon - Brief Report

I will have to write up a full report from Loch Ness at the weekend.  For the time being here is a brief update on what proved to be one of my best and favourite marathons of the year.

Surprisingly, the marathon has real PB potential, due to the fact that the first 10 miles (yes, 10) are practically downhill.  It's then flat for 8 miles, then goes up for 2 miles up to mile 20, but not at a significant gradient. There's then another shortish hill at mile 23, but after that it's either down or flat to the finish.

I ran my strongest finish ever, and my legs were feeling great, even though I'd only run New Forest Marathon the week before.  I finished in a time of 3hrs 14mins with the feeling that I still had a few miles left in me.  It was a great feeling to have at the end of a marathon.  I can honestly say I've never enjoyed running 26.2 miles as much as I did on Sunday.  I'd definitely recommend this run.  To cap it off you get a great medal and a great T-shirt that you'd actually want to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment