Tuesday 1 March 2011

Official Race Result for Cambridge Boundary Marathon

Just thought I'd do a quick update of my finishing time from Sunday's marathon as the results are now posted on the event website.  My official time is 3 hours 24 minutes 21 seconds.

The six minute discrepancy between the time I thought I had run and the official time is because I'd had my Garmin set on auto stop mode.  So every time I stopped to cross a road, or the time to climb over a style, or the time I stopped to chat to my friends halfway would have resulted in the stopwatch pausing.  So I spent about 6 minutes during the run not going forward.

I've been resting up since Sunday.  If you can call teaching three kettlebell classes and meeting with five personal training clients resting.  I certainly felt more tired on Monday than I did after Gloucester Marathon.  The amount of mud involved on Sunday definitely made it a much harder marathon to run.  I'm quite surprised that there isn't a bigger difference between the times for my first two marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment